Hoppers

Should hoppers be reverted to vanilla timings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoppers on Unleashed Network transports items 1/5 of the speed of a normal hopper but, transfers items 5 items at a time. This is different to Vanilla hoppers because it is in bursts. I personally dislike this model and would like to see Vanilla hoppers. This is because some redstone creations rely on redstone timings from hopper to dropper. Because Hoppers on ULMC are slower than hoppers on vanilla, this causes longer timings causing some creations to be broken. My 3x3 piston door was broken because it required and hopper. After making another model without a hopper , it worked. Also my super smelter also didn't work because it transferred items too slowly. I dont see why ULMC wont use vanilla hoppers.
Thanks

FishingPole

Sir Poley
Supervisor
This change was made a long time ago. It was discovered that hoppers running at vanilla settings used a lot of server resources, but tuning them to the current setting reduced the load a fair bit. I hope this answered your question.

FishingPole

Sir Poley
Supervisor
I left this up since it's a suggestion, not a question, and wanted to see some opinions. Since there isn't much here I guess I'll lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.