Non-ULMC Security Advisory

Discussion in 'News & Information' started by StealthBravo, May 3, 2017.

1. StealthBravo

StealthBravo Overlord Owner Administrator Developer

IGN:
    StealthBravo
    "If someone invites you to edit a file in Google Docs today, don’t open it — it may be spam from a phishing scheme that’s been spreading quickly this afternoon. As detailed on Reddit, the attack sends targets an emailed invitation from someone they may know, takes them to a real Google sign-in screen, then asks them to “continue to Google Docs.” But this grants permissions to a (malicious) third-party web app that’s simply been named “Google Docs,” which gives phishers access to your email and address book."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/3/1...hing-attack-share-this-document-with-you-spam

Seeing as many of you use Google accounts, and with this being very widespread, we advise you to take caution, especially with many of you using the same email for your Minecraft or forums accounts.

Be safe!

• Useful Useful x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. krystalsharz

krystalsharz Helper Helper

IGN:
    krystalsharz
    Thanks, I honestly wouldn't have known. I would have assumed it from from ulmc staff or such.

3. MsKristy

MsKristy Cookie Eater! Moderator

Thanks for the update Stealth!

4. Stynix

Stynix Well-Known Member

I hate people that do that :( It's so pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimborino

Jimborino Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Jimborino
    My entire school district was affected by this and everyone at my school all got emails from the deans at the same time, crazy stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChoccyMonster16

ChoccyMonster16 I am a panda. Senior Moderator

Thanks for letting us know that, I wouldn't have known. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. asbestosstar

asbestosstar New Member

IGN:
    Amerigovespuccip
    Best Idea, I will go on a school computer, and do that. Wih a school account.