Player Shops Info and Suggestions

OmegaW0lf

Also just to add (minus Andriod cause he thinks there is nothing wrong with it but hear me out plz)

So right now you can list any item you want in /auc with any price to it even if it's over the titan shop prices right???
Okay so here is the problem:

Why can't you do the same at your plot?
Why is there a max for that item you want to sell to people if you can put it in /auc and put whatever price you want on it?
Plus the worst thing about it is that some of the items are below titan meaning another titan can come to your shop and buy out all your products and make a profit???
Seems strange right???
Well it shouldn't be that hard to figure out that there needs to be no set amount for items you want to sell to others.

I know it's not a priority but if anyone wants to buy mass quantities for building materials it's a pain for the person buying. js

Well that's all now <3
The max prices were my idea actually since I was in charge of the base shop prices + new items, and we needed a way to limit people from breaking the economy again. I spoke to Stealth about it and we came up with the limitations idea.
Before you hurt me, hear me out:

What we NEED is limitations on WHO can make the shops. Like if you're titan your limit is below titan, if you're legend it's below legend, etc.
It'd be a bit complicated bot honestly it makes sense.

Last time we had people buying and selling at exact titan or $1 below titan. Meaning... anyone was pretty much using the titan shop without buying the rank. There's no other way to make sure that doesn't happen again without an in-plugin limit. Without that, we staff would have to manually check every player shop every day for people breaking the economy.
But I agree that the limits need to be changed, based on your rank if possible.
Obviously the trick is not limiting it so much that no one uses player shops but honestly that's how it has to be to secure the economy.

If you have any ideas on how to make this easier for players, please please suggest it. Remember that Prison is in Beta until we fix the existing bugs, that includes the player shops.

MsKristy

Gone Fishin Girl
The max prices were my idea actually since I was in charge of the base shop prices + new items, and we needed a way to limit people from breaking the economy again. I spoke to Stealth about it and we came up with the limitations idea.

What we NEED is limitations on WHO can make the shops. Like if you're titan your limit is below titan, if you're legend it's below legend, etc.

Last time we had people buying and selling at exact titan or $1 below titan. Meaning... anyone was pretty much using the titan shop without buying the rank. There's no other way to make sure that doesn't happen again without an in-plugin limit. Without that, we staff would have to manually check every player shop every day for people breaking the economy.
Obviously the trick is not limiting it so much that no one uses player shops but honestly that's how it has to be to secure the economy.

If you have any ideas on how to make this easier for players, please please suggest it. Remember that Prison is in Beta until we fix the existing bugs, that includes the player shops.

As i remember it was a problem with the selling your items to titan shops for exact titan... correct me if i'm wrong.. no one had a purchasing shop except timesaint and myself... (could be wrong on that person tbh...) I don't seem to mind the idea but how does it stop titans from coming to your shop purchasing your items and making a profit? Jw

I think it's a great idea just on the other side which is selling.. but i could be wrong...

I was under the impression that the problem was players where getting exact titan for items they mine... how does this effect selling your items to players instead of buying their goods? Sorry a bit confused...

OmegaW0lf

Yeah we also don't want people to make Profit shops AKA shops where you can buy stuff from a player and just sell it to your rank for a huge profit.

joeyz123

Don't get me wrong - the idea and intentions were good when the shop limitations were added. But it gets to the point where no matter what you do, players will still find a way. If I really wanted to, I could go to plenty of titans that I know would be willing to sell stuff at titan price and give me the money. And I'm sure the same goes for almost all other players. I understand that you wanted the economy to be a bit more balanced. But at this point, the economy is so broken there's little point. While the idea came with good intentions, you can't really enforce players not to have other players sell for them.

OmegaW0lf

People keep saying that the economy is already broken, and has been since the first few days... Can someone explain to me how? Yes Doc is baltop but he refuses to spend any money on ranking up which tbh is his choice. But prices in shops are fine. Mineparties have been bought a lot so that shot up the money in the server. But other than that, how is the economy broken?

joeyz123

People keep saying that the economy is already broken, and has been since the first few days... Can someone explain to me how? Yes Doc is baltop but he refuses to spend any money on ranking up which tbh is his choice. But prices in shops are fine. Mineparties have been bought a lot so that shot up the money in the server. But other than that, how is the economy broken?
In 1.0/2.0 do you remember how long it took people to prestige? Before fishing was way too op, there were like, what, two prestige 6s? Now there are so many people prestiged twice as high many of them were in 2.0/1.0. Getting all the way to prestige 10 obviously won't be easy. But if you go a good 2 or 3 weeks grinding it out, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get there in that amount of time. The new prestiges (7+) were added with the intention for people not to be able to get them easily, and to have to really work for them. But it's gotten to the point where 4 new prestiges is more like a little stump in the road rather than the boulder of challenge it was meant to be.

GrumpyBananas

Why does it matter if players are able to sell at titan prices? The titans are the ones who made the prices like that, it's not like they were forced to. The overall economy is ran buy whoever is a Titan.
Putting a limit on "all shops" does nothing. A legend for example 'can' make a shop, but if they can only put offers up for under legend prices, then no one will sell to them (theoretically). I mean, why sell to someone for 5mil when you can sell to someone else for 8mil? The titans rule the prices, putting a limitation on shops, is only really limiting them.

Some would argue, this is how prisons is. The economy being free, people able to offer and sell anything for any price. It would honestly be easier in the long run to base ranks/costs of ranks off of this, rather than putting limits on the shops that you'll have to look out for whenever someone new joins.
If you can get the overall gist of pricing after taking the limitations off, you can make the prices for ranks accordingly.

Another argument is, screw the limitations, just come out with more prestiges. The economy can only fluctuate so much, it may look like people are ranking up fast. Yes, they may get the first prestige rather fast. However, after that, it will slow, and the more prestige ranks you come out with after that, it will slow even more.

The limitations are a waste of peoples time, in my honest opinion. Most servers dont regulate the economy because it is not a simple thing to do. It's typically easier to make precautions or safeguards around the economy than diving straight in an regulating it full force.

Just my 'cunty' opinion on the matter.

joeyz123

Well, if we kept the original way of prestiging, it would take, what was it, 1? 6? TRILLION to get all the way up? The prestiges are supposed to be easy at first, and then get really hard at 6, 7+.
People are already prestige 7 - it won't be that hard for them to get to 10 considering the rate they're already going at