• Our website is back online and being upgraded and enhanced. Some parts of the site may not look right or function correctly. We are aware!

POLL: Restricting /warp trees

Should we restrict shops/chopping/fishing?

• Yes! All three!

• Shops and Chopping, not Fishing.

• Chopping and Fishing, not Shops.

• Fishing and Shops, not Chopping.

• I have edits I will make, and might change my choice if implemented.

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello everyone! If you want to know the gist of the following post, it's basically about how I feel like /warp trees should be restricted to UL+ (including all prestiges), and possibly fishing and shops as well.

So the main reason why I think this is because new players should have the original feel and rankup how they used to, with mining. The mines aren't just there for the resources, they are there for the overall atmosphere. With players being able to warp to trees and rankup there, they will rarely take time to go to the mine. This applies to fishing as well, we don't want players to spend their whole time at a pool and never experience the builds we setup for them.

Another reason is motivation. If you think about it, a player would be wayyy more motivated to rankup to get to chopping. If you always have chopping, it's a bore to rankup. Players would, I think, have a way better feeling of accomplishment after getting A-Z, then to Unleashed. Fishing would be unlocked at UL~1, just so they have that time to experience chopping for a while. Shops would most likely be unlocked at UL, so you don't sell at legend prices and rankup 4 or 5 ranks at a time.

That's it! Also, take time to answer the poll.

MsKristy

Lady of The Lake
How are we going to keep new players if you restrict their access to even make money? I mean imagine you join a server and there is so many options to make money but all your able to do is mine? How are you going to keep new players on the server when existing ones are able to go to the warps but new players are not able to? IMO bad idea if you want to make your player base better and have more people join.

MrLight

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Supervisor
Developer
Yeah guys lets fuck all these new players in the ass because we old folks already ahead of em. No in all serious though we shouldn't restrict stuff forcing players to use other things that they don't want to. Instead we should be balancing them all together so it is your free choice and they all are stable economic wise.

MrLight

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Supervisor
Developer
And 8 people say they don't your point is? Overall this would be a great idea if we all started the server at the same time but unless we are having ANOTHER reset then it really is giving our new players a further disadvantage besides not being here the second the server opened up. Overall I'm not trying to be some white knight but it really is fucked up to have new players climb a hill to have the same abilities we always have had.

McDonaldTrump_

And 8 people say they don't your point is? Overall this would be a great idea if we all started the server at the same time but unless we are having ANOTHER reset then it really is giving our new players a further disadvantage besides not being here the second the server opened up. Overall I'm not trying to be some white knight but it really is fucked up to have new players climb a hill to have the same abilities we always have had.
Just reset prison again. Problem solved :)

_Elf

Sarcasm Central
Builder
99% of the time, people join expecting it to be like any other prison where you mine for hours.. so they just get to it.
Theyll only find out about chopping or fishing if they look at the announcements (even then it's vague. Mentioning /skills but doesn't have a real explanation), or players tell them.

If it's to stay the same then there needs to be either an announcement telling new players about these skills so we don't seem like another server where you mine :)

Yet I can also see that having a certain rank to gain access to Fishing and Chopping could become like an achievement (like getting puffers or slimes is), like yay I'm Prestige 1, I've got given a fishing rod and a message saying I can now fish. This could encourage players to stay and play longer to try out our unique skills systems.

Just my thinking on it, which ever way this goes..

MsKristy

Lady of The Lake
In response to this... If somewhere down the road we decide to reset prison this would be a good idea... But when 90% of the server us already UL how would u keep players interested?

MrLight

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Supervisor
Developer
That is the point of prestige. Except we don't have any rewards setup at the moment *cough * and I don't think it would be smart to reset the server AGAIN when players such as @DoctorHax have put 100s of hours to get to their current position. We need more motivation for players to move up in the server and the shitteh prestige satchel won't cut it. Perhaps make ./disguise llama baby a reward ecksdee.

StealthBravo

Overlord
Owner
Developer
The trees and fishing systems are meant to negate the usual mine-oriented nature of other prison servers. It's what makes us unique.

Players can choose how they make money. Killing /warp trees for > UL will never happen.

The trees and fishing systems are meant to negate the usual mine-oriented nature of other prison servers. It's what makes us unique.

Players can choose how they make money. Killing /warp trees for > UL will never h
Hey, it's change. It's not about being fair, it's about making players experience mining first, what a prison server is meant for. We don't want an A person to rank up to UL within a day or two like they have been. Its the same boring stuff (chopping, fishing) if you are never restricted to being introduced to newer things later.

That is the point of prestige. Except we don't have any rewards setup at the moment *cough * and I don't think it would be smart to reset the server AGAIN when players such as @DoctorHax have put 100s of hours to get to their current position. We need more motivation for players to move up in the server and the shitteh prestige satchel won't cut it. Perhaps make ./disguise llama baby a reward ecksdee.
You're acting like prestige rewards are someones fault, and coming off as really rude. I'm not trying to act like a tyrant here. This is an opinionated thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrLight

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Supervisor
Developer
I'm not making seem like someones fault I am simply just reminding that it is something important that will need to be done. And usually when the server has change it is open to everyone instantly so when you basically allowed us new players to have chopping fishing ect. And make the new players have to grind to have their own free choice kinda leaves them at a disadvantage. And as with what Stealth said one of the main reason this prison server is way better is it being unique but when you block that off not only is it screwing players over but not as many will stay. The playerbase of minecraft has a lot of young children and that means most people won't have the attention span to grind on a server just to see its features. Not trying to sound rude it is just my opinion. We shouldn't be focusing on how we can make it harder on players but on how to give them more incentive to keep playing. Just my opinion.

MvGames

I voted none in the poll because I think we are actually forcing new players to mine. U can do events in warps like, find the melon in this mine to win. Then people will also see the amazing builds u guys made and the mines are being used too.

DoctorHax

I don't think it would be smart to reset the server AGAIN when players such as @DoctorHax have put 100s of hours to get to their current position.
I completely agree with this. My current in game time is 327.84 hours (or about 13 and a half days) and resetting the server again would just be counterintuitive in my opinion.

_Elf

Sarcasm Central
Builder

MrLight

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Supervisor
Developer
@TheAndroidMan No but when you implement a change that makes a very high disadvantage against new players thus making those who joined earlier have a even larger head start the only rational thing you could do to not turn your server to shit is reset it. Unless you wanna give kit pvp to only lords and up for the first month and have normal players wait. Kinds sounds a bit absurd doesn't it?