• Have a Soft Reset

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Have a Hard Reset

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Have no Reset

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

OmegaW0lf

Recently the ULMC staff had a meeting where we discussed several things we need to do before we advertise the server. One thing that was mentioned was a reset of prison. In the 6 or so months we've been open, some of us are already close to or have gotten to Prestige 10. MsKristy has done it twice now! Because of this, we will be changing some of the base and subsequent prices on the rankups to balance them more.
But we would like your opinions on having a reset. We have 3 options:

1. Soft Reset: Reset only everyone's in-game rank progress (A, B, C, etc, your prestige and money)
2. Hard Reset: Reset everything. (Ranks, prestige, fishing and chopping levels, plots, etc)
3. Don't reset anything.

Before you click on the poll, please keep in mind that we won't do anything the overall community doesn't want. We want to know not just your poll choice, but what you're thinking as well. So please comment too.

IF we all choose to have a reset, please tell us what you think about regular resets. Maybe 6+ months between resets to keep it fresh. Again, tell us what you think first.

Please also do the same for resetting factions: https://ulmc.net/threads/reset-for-factions-before-we-advertise.2194/

Last edited by a moderator:

MsKristy

Lady of The Lake
I know that i no life the server a bit.. But i do feel a reset of prestiges and balances is needed before we advertise.

1. When new players join i feel it could discourage players when they see most people on the server are already such a high perstige.

2. Balances are abother thing that new players are going to notice. When others sit with so much i feel it might discourage new players.

3. When we launched prison it was suppose to be a beta launch and not a full launch so i see where starting over with balances and prestiges will help the economy to balance out.

I know it seems like a lot but i feel in order to grow we need to start fresh.

ChoccyMonster16

I am a panda.
Supervisor
I think a hard reset would be beneficial, as I believe rank prices need a little bit of a fix whilst we do so. Soft reset would work, but it may be daunting when there's an influx of newer players to see so many people with higher ranks.
Just my two cents.

MvGames

I dont want to lose my ABC rank again.. it took me ages to get it. I dont want to start all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrLight

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Administrator
I believe a soft reset is needed. We have already done a hard reset with the start of 3.0 and I don't many players putting in months of time to get good chopping and fishing want it reset again so recently. We have a good set player base its just nobody plays to a sort of bandwagon. Nobody wants to play when there is 0 players but when we see 6 we will happily join and doing a reset on the skill (besides parkour). A large % of long term players aren't even maxed yet. I do agree that we should change shop prices a little bit but that works just as well with a soft reset. Just my sixty nine cents ;P

OmegaW0lf

Most people, including myself, would choose not to reset. But least with a soft reset we'd keep our chopping and fishing lvls so it'd be easier to rankup. I'm personally all for a soft reset.

MvGames

We should atleast give a "refund box" like back in 2015. Just to help us a bit. I agree with an soft reset as long as i keep my fish rank and titan rank :p

OmegaW0lf

Soft reset would mean that: paid donor ranks we keep, and our chopping and fishing lvls. Money, ABC and prestige ranks and (maybe) plots would be reset.

MsKristy

Lady of The Lake
I'm all for the soft reset.. but seeing that i spent a lot of money now 2 times i would like to keep my armour.. I know it's not much to ask.. just having to go through another plot reset is something I don't really agree with.. If it happens with the soft reset I will understand but I will not be happy about it